From the Anabolic Cookbook
Makes 2 Servings
* - 6 egg whites
* - 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
* - 2 cups sliced strawberries
* - 2 tbsp Splenda
* - 4 scoops vanilla or strawberry protein powder
* 1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
* 2. In a large mixing bowl, beat 6 egg whites and 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, until the egg whites become fluffy and hold stiff peaks.
* 3. Scoop this mixture out into two large ball-like portions on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
* 4. With the back of a large spoon, depress the middle of each portion to form a pocket (this is where the fruit will go).
* 5. Bake in the oven until the mixture turns light golden brown, between 5 and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to let cool.
* 6. Cut up 2 cups of strawberries and mix in a bowl with Splenda. Add the protein powder to this mixture, 1 scoop at a time, mixing well. Once these dry ingredients are mixed together, add water 1 tbsp at a time until the mixture becomes creamy.
* 7. Pour the strawberry mixture into the meringue pockets, letting it flow over the sides. Serve cool.
* Calories: 330
* Protein: 52g
* Carbohydrates: 20g
* Fat: 4g
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit Your Protein Recipe.
Back to Top