Before you buy even one supplement, make sure you have your diet under control by following these daily nutritional guidelines:
1. Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per day.
2. Eat complete (containing all the essential amino acids), lean protein with each meal, such as lean meat (this includes gland meats, fish, and poultry), eggs, cheese, milk, millet and sunflower seeds are complete proteins, that is, they contain all 10 of the essential amino acids in correct proportions for maximum human nourishment.
3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal.
4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.
5. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil).
6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea.
7. Eat mostly whole foods (except workout and post-workout drinks).
If you want to build muscle, you need to lift weights and fuel your body with nutritious foods. Add rest to the equation, and you're good to go! Bodybuilding supplements, well, supplement a healthy diet. Supplements are simply additions to a good nutrition and training program.
Supplements DO NOT make up for a terrible diet, but even following the best exercise and diet plan, you will experience plateaus. This is where supplementation can come in handy.
Do you know how much money the average bodybuilder spends on supplements per month? We took a poll on a bodybuilding forum and the average dollar amount per month was $150! Multiply that by 12 months, and the average bodybuilder spends $1800 per year on supplements.
When you are ready to shell out big $ for the next big mass builder or fat burner, the bodybuilding supplement links below will help you make an educated buying decision. We spend hours and hours poring over search results from forums, blogs and websites searching for the pros and cons of virtually every supplement made. Only the highest rated products in each supplement category based on taste, side effects and effectiveness make the cut.
Choose a supplement category below, read why you need it, then check out the preferred suppliers. You can also leave your review for any supplement.
Dec 29, 17 08:03 AM
I have a CAP workout bench (pictured) with four weights 2-30lbs and 2-50lbs (not pictured) Looking to sell to someone who wants it! Let me know by emailing
Oct 20, 17 04:32 PM
Ironmaster IM1500 Review. Quality gym gear that is space effecient at an affordable price
Sep 22, 17 07:48 AM
LIKE NEW Hammer Strength Iso- Decline Bench Contact me at 316-299-1004 For Pictures and any other info. $900.00 priced well under retail, retail on