I just made these the other day and it was a nice treat from the norm. This can be made with ground turkey breast (99% lean) or a fattier meat. I am on a strict cutting diet so i used the 99% lean meat.
1 package of meat
2 slices of low carb bread
1 clove of garlic
2 WHOLE EGGS
salt & pepper
1. First saute a clove of garlic and the half of onion chopped very fine in a pan.
2. While these are cooking combine the 2 slices of low carb bread, broke into very small pieces, 2 whole eggs (the yolk acts as a glue for everything so use at least one yolk) and the salt pepper and any other seasons you would like to use to the bowl.
3. Add the meat to the bowl and begin to mush everything together.
4. Add the garlic and onion to the mix and continue the mush.
5. At this point you will want to preheat the oven to about 350.
6. Roll the meat mixture into medium size balls and brown in the same pan you sauteed the onion and garlic in.
7. Place in a pan sprayed with non stick spray an place in the oven for about 10-14 minutes (cooking time will vary so check after 10 minutes).
I like to eat these meatballs in 2 sittings so each "serving" will provide you with over 60 grams of protein, 8 grams of carbs, and 5-7 grams of fat. You can dip in ketchup, bbq sauce, red sauce, or whatever your in the mood for.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit Your Protein Recipe.
Back to Top