Geary's Lean-Body Recipe: Pumped-Up Pumpkin Mix
by Mike G
If you dig pumpkin pie, you'll love this little nutrient-dense, antioxidant-rich, protein-packed treat! It's funny, but whenever someone sees this little concoction that I make, they say that it looks disgusting, but when they try it, they always love it. I know it's a little "out there", but give it a shot...it tastes like pumpkin pie filling, but tastier, and better for you!
This recipe makes 5-6 servings (I like to split into 5-6 containers to have a quick healthy mid-meal each day):
* two 15-oz cans of pure 100% pumpkin pack
* one 15-oz container of ricotta cheese (grass-fed if you can find it)
* one 32-oz container of vanilla yogurt
* one scoop (about 25 grams) of vanilla protein powder with no artificial sweeteners
* 3/4 cup raisins or currants
* 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
* 1/4 cup chia seed and/or hemp seed
* 1/4 cup rice bran
* cinnamon to season to taste (1/2 to 1 tsp works well)
* a little stevia (natural non-caloric sweetener) -- only if it needs a little more sweetness for your taste
Mix everything together in a huge bowl and split into 5-6 containers (approx 16 oz containers work well), and you've got a quick healthy meal for each weekday. Adjust the quantities of the ingredients if you want less calories or more calories per meal.
Approx. macronutrient breakdown per serving:
30 g. prot; 50 g. carbs; 10 g. fiber; 18 g. fat; 450 cals
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit Your Protein Recipe.
Back to Top